Wednesday, May 16, 2007

If you who haven't heard...

I have officially resigned my Design Team position at ilove2create.com. It is a sad decision on my part, sort of like breaking-up with your first boyfriend...you know you are no longer good for each other, but will always have a fond place in your heart. :)

I had been contemplating this decision for quite some time, but came to the realization that it was no longer working for me when my kids thought i liked crafting better than them. Those words stung. I was spending too much time trying to make deadlines for newsletters and monthly gallery projects, praising in the gallery, keeping up my presence on the message board, creating a monthly challenge, participating in other DT's challenges, not to mention all the other "little" events that are a continuous stream of occurences: Member's Only projects, 12 days of Christmas, Cybercrops. Although being on a DT is a tremendous honor, it is LOADS of work, and 18 months of a breakneck pace was just too much for me. I want to start focusing on my photography skills some more too, so I want to fill my extra time learning the ropes of my camera!

I cannot remember the last time I actually made something because I felt like it. All of my projects over the past year have been created with an agenda in mind. How stifling!

I still have my DT at 2SS, and my classes at Lasting Memories to keep me busy...Pat at Express Yourself! wants me to be their "spotlight artist" for the store in a couple of weeks, so I still have plenty of stuff goin' on, and won't be dropping off the planet any time soon!

Just so you know I am alive and well, here is a little project I made for my mom for Mother's Day. I've gotten a really great response from this project, and will make-up another one with different papers to teach at LM :)










3 comments:

Rachael said...

It's definately a hard decision to make. I recently had to do that!

I love your book, very cute!

Amy Birch said...

I love your CD book. I was admiring the other one that you made for LM.

Good for you for making the tough decision. It's so important that you love what you do. Sometimes I feel that way when I'm trying to submit for calls (which I haven't been chosen for yet :( ). Got to keep the enjoyment in it all. Your girl will be happy that you have more time with them too.

Amy Birch said...

I meant to type "girls", LOL!