Sunday, April 29, 2007

Coming up for air

It has been far too long since I last made an entry...So let me take a break from the mayhem and catch up on what's been goin' on...

Man, this past week was the week from hell!! I had that darn Yankee Candle Fundraiser for school, and had to orchestrate and fulfill pick-up times for the parents to come and get their orders. The shipment came in, and when the school secretary told me they shipped 103 boxes, I nearly had a coronary! I was at school every day last week, and some days I was there twice! I had no idea when I signed-up for this fundraiser what the heck i was getting into...the real kicker, is that it isn't really over yet, either!! YC sent a list of about 15 items that were backordered. We had about 25 people with these items on their original orders, and YC isn't going to be shipping them till the end of May....so I'll have to do this all over again! BLECH!

In addition to my crazy week with the fundraiser commitment, I got cornered to help with the book fair at school( you know, "well, since you're already here..."), plus I also had to prepare and load my challenges for IL2C's cybercrafting weekend, AND it was May Kit deadline for IL2C this past Friday. I had to juggle my schedule enough so that I had time to prepare my projects for the May kit and get them uploaded... Needless to say, we ate out almost every night this past week. My sincerest apologies to my family for neglecting them!

Yesterday I took a big-time veg-out day. i played board games with the kids, went to their softball game, and finally managed to make dinner for everyone, AND was able to get my family's Yankee Candle orders delivered. It was a good day.

Today, I have been crazy-cleaning the house, sort of like the Tasmanian Devil with a Dyson!! LOL I have done 3 loads of laundry so far (but must get them folded and put away, too!), cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed the carpets, mopped the floors, and cleaned up my scrap room. It feels so awesome! I want to get the household stuff done and out of the way, so I have a couple of days to work on my 2SS's projects as those deadlines are quickly approaching. I also have some stuff to do for Lasting Memories that I want to complete and deliver by the end of the week...there is no rest for the weary!

Thanks for checking up on me...

:)

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Glad you got a relaxation day yesterday!! It sure was chaos this last week! Glad you can rest a bit now!

Ginger B said...

wow! busy busy-glad you got a day of rest in their

Amy Birch said...

Yikes...I got tired just reading your schedule!