Monday, July 09, 2007

Time to get crack-a-lackin'!




My friend Rachael over at IL2C has issued a challenge for all the girls to update their blogs...Yes, I am guilty as charged!! It's been a while since I've logged into my blogger account...

I am just back from a weekend trip to see my sister Jeanne's new beach house in Rhode Island...It is so fabulous (and I am SO jealous!). While her house isn't beach front property, she is literally a walk down the street to the beach...See the picture? Her house is HUGE!!!


We were blessed with a beautiful day on Friday, and spent the afternoon basking in the sun, and doing a little beachcombing...The waves were so friggin' fabulous, and I was stunned as I thought the water would be much calmer!! I LOVE those rockin' rollin' waves!!! There were tons of surfer-dudes out there riding the waves, too...it was a perfect day :)

On a crafty note, I am hosting the scraplift challenge at 2SS, and this month I challenged our members to lift from a manufacturer's website (ie: Cherry Arte, Cosmo Cricket, Crate Paper, etc...). There are tons of talented ladies (and gents) who display their creativity for all of us to see, I thought maybe we could recognize their genius, give them kudos!!!, and lift their work....


Here is the layout I lifted from Sheri Reguly whose a member of the DT at CherryArte.

Thanks so much to Sheri for her wonderfully inspiring work!!

















And here is my lift, "99.44% Pure":

If you'd like to play along with this challenge, email me a picture (or link) of the lifted mfg's lo, and your lo, and I will put your name in a hat for a RAK at the end of the month...

send your pics to edithturk@sbcglobal.net by July 28th...

I will post your pics on my blog :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Love your LO :)

Amy Birch said...

Beautiful layout!!! I'll have to check out your DT website and maybe play along.

Wowzers on Mary's house!!! How awesome...tell her congratulations for me. :) The first two pictures, though, are not visible to me. Can you see them?

Take care,
Amy :)

Rachael said...

Holy house!!! Wow!!

Beautiful layouts!!