Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Here's tonight's class






Here are the pictures of tonight's class I'm teaching at Lasting Memories. A few of the girls there saw my last CD mini-book that I had made for my mom, and requested that we do a class. I am so happy to oblige as this is a quick and satisfying project!

I wanted this little book to feature our families, and the fun times that we spend together. Here are some photos of my family through the years. I used Creative Imaginations' Art Warehouse Danelle Johnson collection...I just love the brown and blue and orange combination, as it works for just about anybody and any situation (well ok, maybe not bridal...)! I also used some of the Art Warehouse Limited Edition stamps--I LOVE THOSE THINGS!! I used them in conjunction with some white STAZ-ON and stamped on my transparencies. I was so pleased to locate some of those MM Word-fetti stickers in my craftroom (that's another story)!! ...I refer to them as "the lazy man's journaling"...they are the best thing since sliced bread, as now I don't really have to do any of my own journaling--I just let the Word-fetti stickers take care of that.

On another note, I have to say that my kids' school really was the impetus for this whole CD mini-book project. They had an Earth day celebration (i think it was in April), where they were promoting awareness on conservation and recycling at the school. Now, "recycling" being the key word here, I had all these junk CD's laying around my craftroom...They were either non-functioning discs, or those promotional ones you get in the mail, don't ask me why I didn't just throw them out--It's the packrat mentality that prevents me from doing it...I had an "A-ha!" moment, and put them to use!

Beauty begat from junk...

Think GREEN!

1 comment:

Trish said...

I love the cd mini book!

You have been tagged! check out my blog!