Sunday, June 24, 2007

YaY!! I scrapped!!


This is the first time I scrapped since I fell (June 12th). I was too sore until now to sit for any length of time...this has even put a damper on my surfing the net!! 12 whole days later, and I couldn't resist the urge to create anymore!! I did end-up doing a lot of standing while i did this project, but alas, it is a step in the right direction...I made this cute little card for my dear sister who gave me the stamp set... She picked-up these stamps at Michael's, from the $1 section, they are a set of clear acrylic stamps that have more flowers in the set and another saying in addition to the one I used --a lovely little surprise!!

I stamped the images, and then heat embossed them. I used my Twinkling H20's to add color to the images. I used some new scalloped scissors to trim the edges of my flowers, and also along the top and bottom edges of the card, then dotted the scallops with my Zig pen. I crumpled and sanded the green dot paper and added the ribbon to coordinate with the orange Twinkling H20's.

Not bad for an injured artist, eh?

p.s. The sucky thing about photographing Twinkling H20's is it's extremely difficult to capture the shimmer!! Just pretend you can see the shimmer in the flowers, K?

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Ack! All I see is a red x!!

edith turk said...

Yikes!! Off to fix that!

Rachael said...

Thanks!! :)

Very cute!! Love the flowers!

Amy Birch said...

Very cute card, Edith! I'll bet Mary loved it! Please tell her I said "hello".

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Thank you for the pub comment. :)

Can't wait to see Lasting Memories' new digs in person!!!

Amy :)