Friday, March 16, 2007

Hey, Turkey!!

I couldn't let this opportunity pass me by. Here is a turkey vulture perched on my neighbors (the Hines') chimney. He sat there for over an hour! I couldn't figure out why he was perched there for so long...Was there a nest of babies in the chimney? Was there a critter in there he was waiting to snack on? Or was it just a warm spot to perch, cuz baby, it's cold outside!?

Anyhow, I couldn't let that moment pass without saving it for future use...I haven't quite figured out how to scrap these yet...any suggestions? To find out more on Turkey Vultures, and how really nasty they are, go to the Turkey Vulture Society LOL! Yes, they really do exist!


So speaking of turkeys, here's another turkey trying to take a self-portrait for her DT bio pix! I set my camera up on a tripod outside on our deck. Then I used the timer function so that I could focus on a paint can that was sitting on the railing behind me. Once I brought that into focus, I would press the shutter to activate the timer and then run into position and try to pose and look cute...I think I just look like a turkey!! :)



Needless to say, I didn't choose either of these pictures. My theory on focusing didn't work very well, and these pictures aren't as crisp and clear as I would have liked...they are a little too blurry to crop and resize to an avatar. Better luck next time!


They have closed the schools for today. We are supposed to have a wintry mix of snow, sleet, freezing rain and rain all day long, and into tomorrow. Yikes!! I don't wanna shovel that heavy stuff!! Matt is still in bed. He is coming down with a cold...I think he should stay home with us today(so he can shovel, LOL)...we'll see.

Here is my list of things to do today. I seem to do better at accomplishing them when they are in writing. Let's see how many I can get done:

1. fold laundry
2. send out get well card to my neighbor
3. Bring Yankee Candle Fundraiser to Sue--she wants to buy!! :)
4. Work on the ilove2create kick-off challenges
5. Work on LM store displays
6. Pay bills

1 comment:

Karen said...

That bird was funny! You should do something along the lines of Thanksgiving is when? , or Look who is comming for dinner hehe.

I love your pictures of yourself too!!!